Let’s save the world and never say these things again:
- Warm hand off
- Lift up
- Deep dive
- Reach out
- Level set
- Heavy lift
- Course correct
(There are loads more, but I have to stop. I’m about to barf.)
Instead, let’s just say what we mean:
- Pivot: Let’s try something else.
- Warm hand off: I’ll introduce you.
- Lift up: This is important.
- Deep dive: There’s lots to talk about.
- Reach out: Feel free to contact me.
- Transparency: Choose honesty over shadiness.
- Crosswalk: Let’s merge two things.
- Level set: Here’s why we’re meeting.
- Resonate: I feel that, yo.
- Heavy lift: This is gonna be a ton of work.
- Course correct: Someone effed up. We’ll fix it.
See? Not so hard. Sure, we need to use a few more words, but it’s totally worth it.
We can do this, folks. I feel it in my heart. If we all work together, we can give jargon a warm hand off straight to hell.